The Florentine crucifix
Fifteenth-century Florentine Crucifix
in Corpus Christi Church
This painting was purchased in 1935 by Fr. Ford and Corpus Christi’s architect, Wilfred Edward Anthony. It was given by Flora Mariette Purcell and placed beside the pulpit, which was originally inscribed “We preach Christ crucified.” An old tinted postcard shows this:
Note that this is before the installation of the altarpiece in 1947.